We are pleased to announce that the y-BIS 2013: Joint Meeting of Young Business and Industrial Statisticians, sponsored by ISBIS and ENBIS, will be organized under the auspices of the ENBIS (European Network for Business and Industrial Statistics) and ISBIS (International Society for Business and Industrial Statistics). This conference will be a satellite meeting of ENBIS-13 and will be held by Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Istanbul, Turkey, from September 19 to 21, 2013, right after ENBIS-13, which takes place in Ankara, Turkey.
The purpose of the y-BIS 2013 is to bring together young statisticians and professionals working in Academia and in Industry. The conference will offer opportunities to meet each other, and to share scientific and professional experiences. This meeting will cover all the research areas of Business and Industrial Statistics, and is the second conference that y-BIS co-organizes, after the 2012 Joint Meeting of y-BIS and jSPE, Lisbon, Portugal.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Undergraduate students (BSc and MSc level): The selected keynote speakers and the talks of young colleagues will help you decide whether you prefer to stay in the academia or go into business or industry.
- Young statisticians working in business and industry: You will have the chance to meet other young professionals working in business and industrial statistics (and in academia), share scientific and professional experiences, and increase your network of professional contacts.
- PhD candidates in statistics: You will find many other young statisticians with a similar history to yours. After your PhD should you continue at the university or try something else in business or industry? You will learn about the pros and cons from discussions with your colleagues in both groups. You will also find plenty of possibilities for future collaborations.
- Postdocs and young assistant professors in statistics: This is a great opportunity to meet other young statisticians and start new collaborations.
- PhD candidates, postdocs and assistant professors in other disciplines that use statistics regularly: This meeting will be a great chance for you to meet statisticians, find out about new ways to get better information from your data, and even establish lasting professional collaborations.
- Other participants: We welcome everyone to share their experience with us and, perhaps, to learn something from us as well!
You must be logged in to post a comment.